This is an ancient little painting, circa the winter of 2009/2010. I was such a newb back then and there are sooo many paintings from that time, which I never got around to posting on the blog! Most of them won’t see the light of a bloggy day (although they are on Deviant Art and Flickr), but for some reason I still kinda dig this one.
Here are some cool things I’ve found in the land of the interwebs recently:
- A video interview in which photographer, Trey Ratcliff propounds his philosophies on the business of photography. A few of the topics discussed are just as relevant for artists and illustrators:
- Limited edition prints
- Micro stock photography and how this is basically slave labor
- Getty Images and how it’s highway robbery
- How photography and making money can put unnecessary stress on relationships
- I have so much love for Dave Matthews right now. This is the best thing I have ever seen. I have resolved to find out who the principle dancer is so I can watch everything she’s ever done.
- I’m considering starting up some sort of textile themed blog just so I can use this WordPress theme.
- If you love colour, you will love this blog.
- This is what happens when a social worker gives a TED Talk. Oh yeah. Represent girl. (Do people still say that?) By the way, does everyone know I’m a social worker?
- A glimpse into the fantastic, twisted mind of Neil Gaiman, as he answers the question “where do you get your ideas?”